Wednesday, November 6, 2013

beauty in the small space, of un-noticed breath

today I don't have a poem, just more of an insightful blurb

as i was driving to yin yoga this morning,
i was stopped at the light, watching the morning commuters travel to work.
a women drove by eating sour cream, the sealer pulled back as if it was just opened.
i thought to myself, i wonder what that would be like for breakfast.
to be honest i cant even remember what cows sour cream tastes like.
it started a train of thoughts...
i have never heard of sour cream for breakfast.
how unique each human experience is, yet inherently tied together, as universal consciousness.
what a beautiful thing to be able to have these earth vessels- their sensors that enhance our emotional self.
the emotion self, what a complicated aspect of being a human.
the past week i have been off and on, in regards to my emotional self.

this car ride got me thinking about the expectations i hold for myself.
yesterday was hard, i was feeling an overwhelming emotional exhaustion,
as well as a heavy disappointment in myself.

where did this expectations come from.
at what point did i put such heavy bounds and restrictions on myself.
providing the grounds for impending failure.

I arrived to yoga, feeling discontent with myself.
the realization of my own perception of how i need to be, fueling an internal negative spiral.
i checked in and went into the studio.

I was alone, yet i felt at peace,
i got myself ready,
and decided to meditate, while i waited 10 minutes for class to begin.

my conscious breathing.
i was releasing.
bringing in new life,
gratitude.

class starts
we begin by talking about perfectionism, and the bounds we place on ourselves.
these bounds holding us back from being content and accepting of who we truly are.

as we are talking, i decided to thank my guides who helped me make it to yoga this morning.
it just felt right to go to yin when i saw it was offered before i had to be to work.

throughout the class i struggled to release.
 the fact that i am feeling so much this past week, and it hasn't all been positive
seemed to also be in my mind and came as an imperfection.
i have not wanted to really be around people, because i didn't want to show anything less than my self imposed bounds of the perfect me.

all of class i worked on releasing the emotions that come with it.
i am home, about to go to work, and as i look in the mirror at myself
i am fine.
i do not see a failure.
i see the beauty in the human experience.

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment