Monday, March 22, 2010

change is always happening


today i went to the doctor.
now i only go to one doctor because she listens and try's to help the patient
not what is going to get her the most money.
she is the one after all these years discovered that my mom had nothing else but lime's disease
masquerading as chronic fatigue and fiber milaga along with all her other bizarre symptoms.
so since i have a whole lot of bizarre symptoms i decided to give her a shot in December(mind you that i had given up on doctors cause they had no idea what was wrong with me, my test made me appear to be completely healthy, actually healthiest for my age they had ever seen, to quote many doctors)
in December we discovered i had a thyroid problem almost exactly like my mom,
they can be genetic as well as severe virus can disrupt them, causing them to become irregular. which in my case both probably caused it.
well today we were talking about how my stomach issues, plus headaches, plus moodiness, plus everything else which are all very strange symptoms, barely correlate
along with my milk allergy she all of a sudden said, i think its a parasite or your gluten sensitive.
meaning allergic to gluten (since it is a human modification to be able to process gluten)


can you talk about a change that will make.
rice will pretty much be the only thing i can eat.
no bread.
crackers.
couscous....etc.
i will have to check every label on everything i buy, because many things contain gluten.
even "corn" chips are mixed with wheat or whey which contain gluten.
no more spicy chips.
now the test is very expensive a good 200 bones.
so i am cutting gluten out for 2 weeks to see if there is a difference.
this requires me to also give up the milk, which i have been allergic to for 21 years but, i have refused to give up cheese, ice cream and yogurt.
can you blame me?
so here goes after 21 years of eating habits i am about to make a HUGE change.

hopefully it will be the problem, and it will just be a lifestyle/diet change to fix how shitty i feel.
because... I'll just admit it, i have a problem with prescription drugs.
i HATE them.
unless they are truly necessary i hate to take them, and i don't want to spend my life on them. although i already have to with my thyroid.

well there is my change for the day.
i have had many others but this one is making the greatest impact.

back to the homework. almost have one assignment done 6 more to go after that.
including 2 papers,
and article summary
and a bunch of assignments for urban environmental geography (which i'm counting as 2).
yippee for life.
which, i am feeling much better about.


and thank you sun for being my best friend

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Another good friend of mine is lactose intolerant AND is allergic to gluten. Apparently it's not that uncommon. She said that the diet change isn't too difficult, but I wanted to wish you luck anyway. I hope that you start feeling better during these next 2 weeks of change.
    p.s. I LOVE that picture of the sun and clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, thats what my doctor said, because i'm 50% arab it is highly likely.
    because arabs are all lactose intolerant and they eat rice, never really ever have gluten products.
    well lauren i cant have brownies anymore.
    :(
    no fun.
    but yeah, i guess if i just give up my brownies and cookies it should be fine. the only grain i really eat is bagels and english muffins.
    which i love.
    no more oatmeal/cream of wheat or granola.
    and thats all i really eat, cause ii loooveeee granola.
    but my moms friends face cleared up, mine is better since high school, but still has issues.
    we'll see. my mom's doing it with me, so it shouldnt be bad. motivation to beat her.
    haha, but my mom is telling me i have to give up cheese, and ice cream and sour cream.
    i'm gonna die more from not eating those 3 things than anything else.

    ReplyDelete